From a young age, listening to adult & contemporary hit radio stations has inspired me to create & build my own show in my home studio. From this, I started my own Soundcloud account where I would post radio shows and homemade production that derived from my personal experience.
I became a volunteer in community radio in 2018, presenting the weekday Drivetime programme along with producing many other elements of the station - but now I am looking for my next challenge. I also have a good knowledge of programmes such as Adobe Audition/Photoshop, Burli, basic knowledge of ProTools and am proficient in using playout systems (inc. scheduling)
After finishing Creative Media Production studies at college, I am actively looking for opportunities to kick start my career within the industry.
January 2021 - Present
Audio & Sales Coordinator at Bauer Media Group – UK
- Planning, booking and on-going administration of all radio airtime and digital audio campaigns
- Driving key focus areas and sales initiatives across the radio team to achieve and exceed set targets.
- Maximizing agency expenditure by questioning all briefs and providing creative and insightful responses.
September 2020 - Present
Presenter/Breakfast Newsreader at Gaydio UK
- Covering presenters shows including daytimes and drive.
- Create engaging content for the world's biggest LGBT+ radio station.
- Listen to my previous work at the station: soundcloud.com/jakehunteruk
September 2018 - September 2020
Drivetime Presenter & Station Producer at Radio Ninesprings
- Programme and schedule radio show logs using Myriad playout software.
- Producing imaging, trails, adverts and promos for the station.
- Presenting the weekday Drivetime show, live on air from our Yeovil studios.
September 2019 - July 2020
Exeter College Devon
Studied: UAL Creative Media Production (Journalism)
September 2014 - June 2019
Preston School Yeovil
Studied: 5 GCSEs: A to C - including English and Maths