From a young age, listening to presenters such as Will Manning of Capital & Toby Anstis of Heart inspired me to create & build my own radio show in my home studio. From this, I started my own Soundcloud account where I would post and discuss topics and news reports that derived from my personal experience.
Since becoming a volunteer in community radio in late-2018, I progressed through the stations' ranks and I now present the weekday Drivetime programme along with overseeing the station's production output. Most recently, I was named a finalist in the Young Aspiration category of the Somerset Education Business Partnership Awards, all down to my endeavours for getting into the radio industry.
I am also proficient in programmes including Adobe Audition, Burli Newsroom, Myriad and Zetta play-out systems along with GSelector. After just finishing Creative Media Production studies at college, I am actively looking for opportunities to kick start my career within the industry.
September 2020 - Present
Cover Presenter at Gaydio UK
- Covering presenters shows including daytimes and drive.
- Create engaging content for the world's biggest LGBT+ radio station.
- Listen to my previous work at the station: soundcloud.com/jakehunteruk
September 2018 - September 2020
Drivetime Presenter & Station Producer at Radio Ninesprings
- Programme and schedule radio show logs using Myriad playout software.
- Producing imaging, trails, adverts and promos for the station.
- Presenting the weekday Drivetime show, live on air from our Yeovil studios.
October 2019 - July 2020
Digital & Social Media Output Team at Yeovil Town FC
- Responsible for all social content posted on Instagram.
- Creating graphics and packages using Photoshop.
- Running a live Twitter feed with match updates each week.
...plus many more work experience placements with media companies across the UK.
September 2019 - July 2020
Exeter College Devon
Studied: UAL Creative Media Production (Journalism)
September 2014 - June 2019
Preston School Yeovil
Studied: 5 GCSEs: A to C - including English and Maths